AboutPage address: http://grad.mnsu.edu/research/rasp/about/mission.html
The mission of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (RASP) is to promote learning through encouraging and assisting faculty and staff in their pursuit of external funding for research, scholarship, service and creative endeavors.
The office is the primary liaison for the faculty, staff, funding agencies and administration to make certain all interests are represented and protected with each request submitted. In accomplishing this mission, RASP ensures accountability, compliance and stewardship for sponsored programs as directed by the values of our campus and by all applicable Federal, State, and University policies, procedures and regulations.
RASP is a full service department, knowledgeable in all phases of pre- and post-award policies and procedures. The office is available to assist during the entire life of the project. Support is available from the conceptual development of a project, to identifying potential funding sources, developing and submitting a proposal, finalizing the budget and identifying any cost share, negotiating an award, implementing and managing a funded project, monitoring for compliance, and overseeing all requirements for the official close of a project. RASP networks with a variety of university divisions and departments, who work together as a team to deliver exceptional service to any individual or group pursuing external funding.
Research & Sponsored Programs services include the following:
- We subscribe to powerful search engines to match funding with a broad range of academic programs.
- We assist the faculty and staff with finding funding matches as well as provide assistance with interpreting guidelines, budget development, editing narratives, and submitting the application.
- We facilitate the campus approval process and forms (CAEFP).
- We support faculty and staff with interpreting grant agreements and contract terms, advice on project revisions (budget reallocations, no-cost extensions, etc.) and assistance with award close-out process.
- We offer grant writing and funding workshops for faculty groups, departments and colleges, and we work with faculty and staff one on one with their special grant needs.
- In addition, we offer class presentations for faculty who want students to learn about grants and how to conduct funding searches.
Click here to view our office manual.
Click here to view our current newsletter