Financial ResourcesPage address: https://grad.mnsu.edu/assistantships/
Almost 25% of our graduate students receive a graduate assistantship. Beginning in the fall 2018 semester, full graduate assistantships at Minnesota State University, Mankato typically pay a stipend of at least $10,000 for the academic year. A full assistantship also carries a waiver of up to nine graduate credits per semester. Graduate Assistants must enroll in a minimum of six credits per semester. Graduate Assistants with a summer appointment must enroll for at least one graduate credit.
Veterans should note that accepting a graduate assistantship offer may have an impact on Post 9-11 (Chapter 33) educational benefits. Individuals with questions about this should contact the Veterans Affairs Certification Officer .
Pages of Interest to Students
- Graduate Assistant Vacancy Announcements
- Application for Graduate Assistantship
- Student Payroll Policies
- The University's Assistantship Policy can be read here. Long-standing institutional practice stipulates that assistantships funded by non-State appropriated funds include a stipend and tuition waiver that adhere to policy, with all associated costs paid by the funding source.
- Financial Aid & Cost Information
Pages of Interest to Faculty & Staff
- Assistantship Policies
- Graduate Assistant Hiring Guidelines
- Post a graduate assistant vacancy announcement online