Advanced Professional Nurse, Master of Science (M.S.)
Graduates are prepared for a variety of advanced professional nursing roles and will possess skills for inclusive and equitable advanced nursing practice in diverse settings.
- Designed for the BS-prepared nurse who wishes to advance their nursing education to the graduate level.
- Graduates will acquire the educational underpinnings for continuing to advance graduate studies at the doctoral level.
- Nurse Educator Emphasis (30 credits)
- Nurse Leader Emphasis (30 credits)
- Dual Emphasis - Nurse Educator & Nurse Leader (42 credits)
- BA or BSN nursing degree from an NLNAC/CCNE accredited school of nursing preferred or in the final semester of an RN to BS degree completion program by the start of the program (dual enrollment)
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale (this requirement may be appealed)
- Current unencumbered RN licensure in at least one state.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
The program is offered exclusively online and is not eligible for I-20 issuance.
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 61 or a minimum IELTS score of 5.5
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Based Applicants||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||Rolling||May 1|
|Spring Start||Rolling||October 1|
Time to Completion: 4 -10 semesters
Graduate Coordinator Contact
Dr. Hans deRuiter
Dr. Laura Schwartz