Applied Health Science (M.S.)
The graduate program in Applied Health Science is focused on training students in health promotion and disease prevention to prepare them for employment in a variety of settings including but not limited to, public health and community health agencies, health care organizations, and wellness programs. The curriculum focuses on skills and competencies required to apply for credentialing as a Certified Health Education Specialist or Master Certified Health Education Specialist.
- Upon completion of the program, students are eligible to apply for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam administered by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a minimum GPA of 2.85.
- A personal statement indicating your purpose for pursuing a graduate degree in the department here at Minnesota State Mankato.
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or professional colleagues.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 79 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Based Applicants||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||Rolling||May 1|
|Spring Start||Rolling||October 1|
Time to Completion: 2 Years
Graduate Coordinator Contact
Dr. Autumn Hamilton