Athletic Training, Master of Science (M.S.)
Minnesota State Mankato's Athletic Training program prepares professionals to treat physically active patients as part of an integrated health-care team. As one of the oldest and most respected programs in the country, we have taken a leadership role in adopting a master's level program that will allow our graduates to secure the best jobs at higher salaries.
- Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education.
- One of the first 4 athletic training programs in the country and still one of the 3 oldest in the US.
- One of the most cost effective athletic training programs in the country.
- Faculty who have won state, region, and national awards.
- Faculty who are professionally active in the state, region, and nationally providing many contacts for program alumni.
- 100% of program graduate who take the Board of Certification (BOC) pass the exam and 92% plus pass it on their first attempt.
- One of the most recognized and respected programs in the country.
- A completed ATCAS application
- 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA
- Transcripts from any post-secondary institution from which you earned credit toward your undergraduate degree. This includes courses for college credit that were taken in high school (e.g., Post-secondary education option-PSEO).
- “C” or better in all required prerequisite courses
- Two letters of recommendation (one from an AT who has supervised the applicant during observation hours and one from an academic advisor or major faculty member indicating potential for graduate study.)
- Current certification in emergency care which includes: Adult & Pediatric CPR, AED, 2nd Rescuer CPR, Airway Obstruction, and Barrier Devices (e.g., pocket mask, bag valve mask)
- Minimum of 25 observation hours under the direct supervision of a licensed/certified Athletic Trainer
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- TOEFL ibt scores sent directly to ATCAS. A minimum score of 80 is required.
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member
|U.S. Citizens||International Applicants|
|Summer Start||February 1||February 1|
Time to Completion: 2 years