Athletic Training, Master of Science (M.S.)
Minnesota State Mankato's Athletic Training program prepares professionals to treat physically active patients as part of an integrated health-care team. As one of the oldest and most respected programs in the country, we have taken a leadership role in adopting a master's level program that will allow our graduates to secure the best jobs at higher salaries.
- Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education.
- One of the first 4 athletic training programs in the country and still one of the 3 oldest in the US.
- One of the most cost effective athletic training programs in the country.
- Faculty who have won state, region, and national awards.
- Faculty who are professionally active in the state, region, and nationally providing many contacts for program alumni.
- 100% of program graduate who take the Board of Certification (BOC) pass the exam and 92% plus pass it on their first attempt.
- One of the most recognized and respected programs in the country.
- A completed ATCAS application
- 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA
- Transcripts from any post-secondary institution from which you earned credit toward your undergraduate degree. This includes courses for college credit that were taken in high school (e.g., Post-secondary education option-PSEO).
- “C” or better in all required prerequisite courses
- Two letters of recommendation/evaluation: one must be from an academic advisor or faculty member indicating potential for graduate study, and the second should be from an individual who can assess the student’s qualities as a graduate student and/or healthcare professional.
- Current certification in emergency care which includes: Adult & Pediatric CPR, AED, 2nd Rescuer CPR, Airway Obstruction, and Barrier Devices (e.g., pocket mask, bag valve mask)
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- TOEFL ibt scores sent directly to ATCAS. A minimum score of 80 is required.
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member
|U.S. Based Applicants
Time to Completion: 2 years