Data Science, Master of Science (M.S.)
The M.S. in Data Science program provides a strong foundation for developing, implementing, and evaluating data analytics solutions to transform raw data into meaningful and actionable insights. The program builds competencies in data analytics, database systems, big data technologies, and machine learning techniques that are essential to harnessing large structured and unstructured datasets for solving complex problems.
The Department of Computer Information Science offers a fast track combined BS/MS program for current Minnesota State Mankato undergraduate students with outstanding academic records, to encourage them to pursue advanced degrees. This program allows well-qualified undergraduates to begin graduate studies before completing their BS degree.
- A four-year bachelor's degree earned at a regionally accredited college or university and a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0. Applicants with a GPA below 3.0 who present convincing evidence of a potential for success may be considered for provisional admission.
- A personal statement documenting your experience with and an interest in data science.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can respond to questions about your abilities and potential for success in a graduate program.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 61 or a minimum IELTS score of 5.5
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Citizens||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||Rolling||May 1|
|Spring Start||Rolling||October 1|
Time to Completion: 2 years