Nursing Practice, Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Minnesota State University, Mankato offers a graduate program for students interested in becoming a doctorally prepared family nurse practitioner and also offers a post-graduate program for advanced practice registered nurses interested in obtaining a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree.
- Students admitted into the BSN to DNP Primary Care Family Nurse Practitioner program progress full-time through the curriculum and obtain the DNP degree in 3 years.
- Graduates and certificate awardees are eligible for national certification as family nurse practitioners and are prepared to practice in primary care settings where they diagnose and treat individuals across the life span and their families.
- BSN, BS, BA, or entry level master’s degree from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited school.
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- If GPA is less than 3.0, the student's Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores must be submitted to the Admissions Office at Minnesota State Mankato (GRE code: 6677).
- Current RN licensure with eligibility for licensure in Minnesota.
- One year of work experience as a baccalaureate prepared registered nurse prior to beginning nursing coursework.
- One letter of recommendation from a current or recent supervisor using the [PDF] School of Nursing Reference Form. The reference form must be submitted directly by the supervisor after the request is received by email.
- A professional essay written on-site (at the 7700 France – Edina location) while attending a graduate nursing program admission information session in October.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- TOEFL ibt scores sent directly to University Admissions using code 6677. A minimum score of 84 is required with a minimum speaking score of 26.
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member
|U.S. Citizens||International Applicants|
|Summer Start||November 1||November 1|
Time to Completion: 3 years