Educational Leadership, Specialist (Ed.S.)
The Specialist in Educational Leadership program is designed to develop school leaders who demonstrate racial competence and the experience, expertise, and tools immediately relevant to lead today’s racially diverse schools. Completion of the specialist degree leads to recommendation for administrative licensure as a Minnesota K-12 Principal or a Director of Special Education.
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation accredited
- Minnesota Board of School Administrators - accredited
- The educational specialist degree provides future educational leaders with the racially conscious knowledge, dispositions, and skills necessary for effective leadership for all students in our educational system.
- The Specialist in Educational Leadership is delivered using a hybrid cohort model.
- The classes are held on Saturdays, one class in the morning and one class in the afternoon.
- The classes meet face to face, five times per semester, with the remaining coursework to be done online and/or in schools.
- Master's degree from an accredited university
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- TOEFL ibt scores sent directly to University Admissions using code 6677. A minimum score of 61 is required.
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member
|U.S. Based Applicants||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||July 1||May 1|
|Spring Start||November 1||October 1|
|Summer Start||April 1||N/A|
Time to Completion: 5 semesters
Graduate Coordinator Contact
Dr. Melissa Krull