Elementary Teaching, Master of Science (M.S.)
This online Elementary Teaching master's program prepares students to obtain a MN K-6 Elementary Teaching License.
- This program is intended for students who have already earned a bachelor’s degree and are now interested in seeking a K-6 teacher licensure program.
- This includes students who have earned a bachelor’s degree in a non-teaching major and are seeking initial K-6 licensure and students who have earned a bachelor’s degree in a teaching major and are now seeking additional licensure in K-6.
- Official transcripts from all previous institutions. A bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. institution, or a comparable degree from a recognized college or university in another country, is required.
- 2.75 GPA or above is required for immediate consideration of your application. If your GPA is less than 2.75, your application will require special review. In this situation, an Extenuating Circumstances statement may be appropriate.
Resume. Tailor your resume to highlight your experiences and achievements working with children and youth.
- Letters of recommendation. Two letters of recommendation from those who can speak to your experience working with children or youth, or who can vouch for your commitment to educational equity.
- Extenuating circumstances statement (optional). While this is not required, if there is something on your transcript that does not accurately reflect who you are as a student, please write no more than 500 words documenting unusual circumstances or hardships you have faced and the ways in which you have overcome or responded to them.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT scores of 61 or IELTS band score of 5.5.
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
The program is 100% online. A Form I-20 will not be issued.
|U.S. Based Applicants||International Applicants|
|Spring Start||September 15||September 15|
Time to Completion: 2-3 years
Graduate Coordinator Contact
Dr. Rebekah Degener