English Education, Master of Arts (M.A.)
The MA in English: English Education offers secondary English teachers the opportunity to enrich their knowledge of English and to develop knowledge in other areas.
- The graduate program builds the students’ expertise to meet credentialing requirements for teaching college-level courses in composition and literature.
- Courses offered in summer and during school year.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- 30 credits of coursework in language, literature, or related fields (undergraduate or undergraduate/graduate combined).
- Personal statement that describes your educational and professional goals.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals qualified to judge your academic potential.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 80 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Citizens||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||Rolling||May 1|
|Spring Start||Rolling||October 1|
Time to Completion: 2 years