Family Consumer Science Education, Graduate Certificate
This certification program provides the professional who already has a teaching degree or who is working on a graduate teaching degree with the necessary courses to meet the MN standards for teacher licensure in Family Consumer Science Education for grades 5-12.
- The certificate meets the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) standards for 18 graduate credits in-discipline for individuals who hold a master's degree and are seeking to expand their education to teach FCS courses at a community or technical college.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3.2.
- Minnesota teaching license or enrollment in a program leading to a Minnesota teaching license.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
- International applicants must submit a TOEFL score of 61 or an IELTS score of 5.5 from the academic examination.
|U.S. Based Applicants||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||Rolling||May 1|
|Spring Start||Rolling||October 1|
Time to Completion: 12 months
Graduate Coordinator Contact
Dr. Jill Conlon