Gender and Women's Studies Master of Arts or Master of Science, (M.A.),(M.S.)
The graduate program in Gender and Women's Studies prepares students for careers in non-profits, activism, and advocacy, or for further graduate study. Gender and Women's studies is an interdisciplinary field examining the social construction of gender and sexuality and the intersections of all forms of oppression.
- Gender and Women's Studies prepares students for careers in human services, the media, community organizing, and education, among many possibilities.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- A two-page application essay discussing your intellectual and activist interests in the field of Gender & Women’s Studies, leadership skills that will qualify you for a graduate assistantship, and goals for pursuing the degree at Minnesota State Mankato.
- Two letters of recommendation with at least one from an individual acquainted with your academic ability.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
- International applicants must submit a TOEFL score of 79 or an IELTS score of 6.5 from the academic examination.
|U.S. Based Applicants||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||March 15||March 15|
Time to Completion: 2 years