Geographic Information Science (GISc), Master of Science (MS)
The program integrates the geospatial technologies of geographic information systems (GIS), remote sensing, and global positioning systems (GPS) with the professional skills of technical communications, project management, human resource management, and budgeting and economics in the workplace. These combine to create tools to implement real-world solutions to critical problems.
- The Geographic Information Sciences program is designed to meet the needs of working professionals.
- Courses taught by subject matter experts and professionals in their fields.
- Applied focus that integrates courses in information technology, business, urban and regional studies, and GIS.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Personal statement
- It is highly recommended that you have completed at least two GIS courses (minimum GPA of 3.0) prior to applying.
- Three letters of recommendation with at least one from an individual acquainted with your academic ability.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 75 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.0
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Based Applicants||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||July 1||May 1|
|Spring Start||November 1||October 1|
|Summer Start||April 1||N/A|
Time to Completion: 2 years