Geographic Information Science, Graduate Certificate
The graduate certificate provides in-depth training in geospatial technology and theory allowing students to create solutions to real-world problems involving people and environment.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Remote Sensing and GPS are the core of GISc.
- Students will receive a fundamental knowledge and understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing technologies.
- Students have the option to focus more intensively on advanced GIS, Remote Sensing or Global Positioning Systems (GPS) principles and applications.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3.3.
- Personal statement
- It is highly recommended that you inquire with potential advisors in the department prior to applying. It is also highly recommended that you detail in your personal statement who your potential advisor might be and describe you research interests and how it aligns with your potential advisor.
- Three letters of recommendation with at least one from an individual acquainted with your academic ability.
|U.S. Citizens||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||July 1||N/A|
|Spring Start||November 1||N/A|
|Summer Start||April 1||N/A|
Time to Completion: 12 months