Geography, Master of Science (M.S.)
Geography studies the natural and anthropogenic systems, interactions between people and our environment, and utilizes cutting-edge geospatial technologies to solve real-world problems.
- Students will gain expertise in natural and/or human systems that can be applied to solving real-world problems.
- Students will gain experience in quantitative and qualitative field and laboratory methods.
- Students can gain expertise in geospatial technologies (GIS, GPS, GNSS, Remote Sensing) used to address real-world problems.
- Students are trained to be successful in public and private sectors, or continue on to a Ph.D.
- Student will learn to conduct scientific inquiry and will gain experience in communicating scientific results/data to the public.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3.3.
- Personal statement
- It is highly recommended that you inquire with potential advisors in the department prior to applying. It is also highly recommended that you detail in your personal statement who your potential advisor might be and describe you research interests and how it aligns with your potential advisor.
- Three letters of recommendation with at least one from an individual acquainted with your academic ability.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 75 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.0
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Based Applicants
Time to Completion: 2 years