History (M.A.) and (M.S.)
The Graduate Program in History at Minnesota State University, Mankato provides a foundation for advanced study and professional development that prepares individuals on careers in teaching, law, journalism, public service, museums, and business.
- Students in the graduate program pursue original research and regularly present their work at professional meetings.
- The Master of Arts in History is intended for students who wish to pursue a Ph.D.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- A two to three-page personal statement clearly outlining your interest and purpose for seeking a master’s degree in history.
- A writing sample consisting of a substantial paper 10-30 pages long, preferably submitted for an upper-division History class.
- Two letters of recommendation that clearly address your academic abilities and prospects for success in the Minnesota State Mankato History program.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 94 or a minimum IELTS score of 7.0
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Based Applicants
Time to Completion: 2 years