Industrial Organizational Psychology, Master of Arts (M.A.)
The M.A. program prepares students for careers in human resources, organizational effectiveness, management and I-O psychology consulting or for doctoral level study in industrial-organizational psychology or related fields.
- The Industrial-Organizational Psychology M.A. Program is a full-time, two-year course of study.
- Graduates typically pursue careers in applied professions.
Students work as associate consultants for the Organizational Effectiveness Research Group (OERG).
Students make global connections through international travel. Recent program trips include Ecuador, Turkey, and Belize.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3.0. If the degree is not in psychology, then you must have taken an Introductory Psychology course, a statistics course, and a research methods course from a social science field. Additional statistics or psychology classes will also benefit your application.
- A personal statement that is about 2-3 pages single-spaced. This personal statement should address the following questions:
- Tell us about why you are interested in the field of I-O psychology in general. How did you learn about the field, and what career goals do you have for yourself?
- Tell us about why you are interested in our program specifically. What about our program appeals to you?
- How have you prepared yourself for graduate school?
- What kind of experiences are you hoping to get out of graduate school?
- In the past, when you’ve experienced a challenge at work or at school, how have you overcome that challenge?
- What do you believe is your biggest strength and your biggest weakness? What have you done to try to improve upon or overcome your weakness?
- Three letters of recommendation addressing your preparation for graduate study.
- If you have a GPA of 3.50 or higher, you do not need to submit GRE scores. If your GPA is under 3.50, we strongly recommend you provide GRE scores in your application.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT scores of 61 or IELTS band score of 5.5.
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Based Applicants
Time to Completion: 2 years