Literature and English Studies (M.A.)
The Master of Arts in Literature and English Studies provides students with a firm foundation in British, American and World Literature with coursework that includes theory, teaching college-level literature, broader surveys and more specialized author, period and genre courses.
- Prepares students for careers in education, publishing, marketing, law, and administration.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- A minimum of 30 credit hours of coursework in language, literature, or related fields.
- Personal statement that describes your academic and professional goals.
- 10-20 page research-based, analytical writing sample focusing on a literary topic.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals qualified to judge your academic potential.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 80 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Based Applicants||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||Rolling||May 1|
|Spring Start||Rolling||September 1|
Time to Completion: 2 years