Education: Post-Bac/Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.)
The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) programs prepares graduate students for initial licensure as professional educators in 5-12 and K-12 classrooms.
- All pedagogy courses are offered as synchronous online courses.
- Accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- The Master of Arts in Teaching option allows students to earn a Minnesota teaching license in 24 months and a Master’s degree with an additional six credits.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Personal Statement
- A completed and signed Plan of Study
- Two letters of recommendation: one should be from an undergraduate/graduate instructor or academic advisor and one should be from a current employer.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- TOEFL ibt score of 61 or better, or IELTS score of 6.0 or better.
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Based Applicants
Time to Completion: 2.5 years