Music, Master of Music (M.M.)
The Master of Music degree is a professional degree, most appropriate for students who desire to increase their knowledge as public school teachers, to teach at the college level, or to work toward their doctorate. It is also a degree useful for those who perform professionally, compose, or conduct.
- All classes are taught by university faculty.
- Assistantships may be available.
- The program is right sized to maximize the student experience so that students receive maximum time and mentoring from faculty.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- A personal statement indicating why you are pursuing this degree, why you believe you will be successful completing it, and your career goals after completing it.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your experience in music.
- An audition is required: prepare a minimum of three contrasting works from different historical periods. Must include a complete sonata and a virtuosic work from any historical period. A live audition is preferable, but video audition is acceptable.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- TOEFL results of 61 or IELTS results of 5.5 on the academic administration of the IELTS.
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member
|U.S. Citizens||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||July 1||May 1|
|Spring Start||November 1||October 1|
|Summer Start||April 1||N/A|
Time to Completion: 2 years