Mathematics and Statistics, Master of Science (M.S.)
The Master of Science in Mathematics and Statistics at Minnesota State University Mankato is designed for students who plan to pursue a Ph.D. degree in either mathematics or statistics or work in an industry job.
- Several of our graduates have continued their education in Ph.D. programs, or obtained employment as a data analyst, software developer, quality assurance, health information specialist, research associate, statistical consultant, and in community college teaching.
- Nearly 30 students in our programs are supported with teaching assistantships. Most teaching assistants are the instructor of record of a course, and the remaining teaching assistants direct labs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a preferred minimum GPA of 3.0.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT scores of 61 or IELTS band score of 5.5.
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Citizens||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||July 1||May 1|
|Spring Start||November 1||October 1|
Time to Completion: 2 years