Mechanical Engineering, Master of Science (M.S.)
This master's program is devoted to producing application oriented mechanical engineers.
- The program is designed to serve new engineering graduates who want to increase their depth of knowledge before entry into the engineering workforce. Engineers in business and industry who want to continue their formal engineering education at the postgraduate level, and Engineering graduates interested in research or pursuing a future doctorate.
- Students pursuing a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering and who also plan on completing the MSME degree at Minnesota State Mankato may apply for the combined degree program. This option allows students to take classes that will count toward their MSME prior to completing the B.S.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in the field of mechanical engineering (or closely related fields) or completion of pre-requisite coursework and/or written exam.
- All candidates for entry to the MS mechanical program must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in a suitable undergraduate degree program.
- Candidates from non-ABET accredited programs are also required to submit GRE scores.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 61 or a minimum IELTS score of 5.5
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Citizens||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||July 1||May 1|
|Spring Start||November 1||October 1|
|Summer Start||April 1||N/A|
Time to Completion: 2 years