Physics, Master of Science (M.S.)
The Master of Science is offered as the professional degree in physics. This degree is designed for students wishing to prepare themselves for doctoral study, or for work in a research/industrial position.
- A limited number of teaching graduate assistantships are available in the Department of Physics and Astronomy. The major duty of graduate assistants in our department is to teach undergraduate laboratories.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a minimum GPA of 2.75.
- A one-page personal statement of your career interests and goals.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors that taught you in your undergraduate study.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 61 or a minimum IELTS score of 5.5
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Citizens||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||Rolling||May 1|
|Spring Start||Rolling||October 1|
Time to Completion: 2 Years