Political Science, Graduate Certificate
The Political Science graduate certificate program prepares secondary and post-secondary educators to meet higher learning commission requirements.
The Graduate Certificate in Political Science is 18-credits and is designed for secondary and post-secondary school teachers and post-secondary instructors who would like to further their professional development, meet post-secondary faculty qualifications, or earn their first credits toward an eventual master’s degree.
This certificate prepares educators for teaching college-level courses prescribed by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- A personal statement describing your academic and work background, your reason for selecting graduate study in this program, and the particular interests and skills you would bring to this program (especially technological skills such as computer programs with which you are familiar – GIS, web pages, etc.).
- Two letters of recommendation addressing your preparation for graduate study.
- Resume or C.V.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 79 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Citizens||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||Rolling||May 1|
|Spring Start||Rolling||October 1|
Time to Completion: 2 years