Reading, Master of Science (M.S.)
Our M.S. and licensures in Reading prepare in-service K-12 teachers from around the world to be effective teachers of reading through coursework that focuses on applying research and theory in the field of reading education to a K-12 classroom practice.
- The M.S. in Reading is specifically designed for practicing teachers who want to improve their reading instruction and complete the coursework to add the MN Reading Teacher License.
- The fully online, asynchronous program is specifically designed for working teachers.
- Career opportunities include specializing knowledge in reading pedagogy, teaching developmental reading, expanding your licensure to K-12, or as a Reading Specialist or Instructional Leader.
- A four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Students with a GPA less than 3.0 will be considered for admission after successfully completing 6 graduate credits within the department with a grade of B or higher as a non-degree-seeking student.
- Two letters of recommendation from people familiar with your work with learners addressing your professional competence.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
- TOEFL ibt results of 61 or IELTS results of 5.5 on the academic examination.
|U.S. Citizens||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||Rolling||May 1|
|Spring Start||Rolling||October 1|
Time to Completion: 2 Years