School Library and Information Studies, Master of Science (M.S.)
The School Library and Information Studies program offers convenient, focused, high quality instruction that fills a rapidly evolving professional need in Minnesota and nationwide.
- The School Library and Information Studies Program is nationally recognized by the Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation (CAEP) and the American Library Association/American Association of School Librarians (ALA/AASL).
If you have a current teaching license you can earn a Minnesota School Library Media license in 24 – 36 months through our SLIS program and a Master’s degree by completing an additional six credits.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to your abilities and potential for success in a graduate program.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- TOEFL ibt score of 61 or better, or IELTS score of 6.0 or better.
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Citizens||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||Rolling||May 1|
|Spring Start||Rolling||October 1|
Time to Completion: 2.5 years