Library Media Specialist Licensure School Library and Information Studies, Master of Science (M.S.)
Our School Library & Information Studies program prepares the next generation of School Librarians for dynamic careers in today's K-12 schools. With our dynamic cohort of SLIS learners, you'll learn how to help students discern facts from fake news, create successful technology systems, and promote the magic of reading for students of all ages.
- By completing our 100% online graduate program, you will eligible for Minnesota licensure in two areas: Library Media Specialist & Computer, Keyboarding, and Related Technology Applications.
- With just two more graduate courses, add a Master's Degree in School Library & Information Studies.
- The School Library and Information Studies Program is nationally recognized by the Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation (CAEP) and the American Library Association/American Association of School Librarians (ALA/AASL).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to your abilities and potential for success in a graduate program.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- TOEFL ibt score of 61 or better, or IELTS score of 6.0 or better.
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Based Applicants||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||Rolling||May 1|
|Spring Start||Rolling||October 1|
Time to Completion: 2.5 years