Sociology: General, Master of Arts (M.A.)
The Master of Arts in Sociology is designed for a person seeking a comprehensive, sociological understanding of the social world.
- This program is ideally suited for those planning on advanced graduate training in a doctoral program and an academic career. It can also be effectively used as a terminal degree by those who choose to pursue careers in applied settings.
- Sociology can help prepare you for a variety of careers and improve your ability to promote social justice in your community.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with 18 credits of sociology including courses in theory, research methods, and statistics.
- A grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for all undergraduate work.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to your abilities and potential for success in a graduate program.
- Personal statement that describes your reason for wanting to earn this degree.
- Writing Sample
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 79 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Citizens||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||Rolling||May 1|
|Spring Start||Rolling||October 1|
Time to Completion: 2 years