Spanish for Professionals, Graduate Certificate
The graduate certificate program prepares current K-12 teachers or practicing professionals with a competency-based Spanish courses that develop their writing and oral competencies in Spanish and their multicultural literacy in ways that are suitable for teaching in Higher Education or for working at an advanced, professional level in Spanish in business, government, health fields, education or other professional areas.
- Since these graduate courses are 100% online and completed at the 600 level, they are suitable for students across the US or for students who wish to earn a Masters degree from their home country.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Spanish oral proficiency at a level of advanced low on the ACTFL proficiency scale or equivalent.
- A writing sample in Spanish.
- A personal statement in English summarizing experiences and professional goals that apply to the certificate.
- Two recent (within the last two years) letters of recommendation with at least one from an undergraduate instructor or academic advisor.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
- International applicants must submit TOEFL results of 61 or IELTS results of 5.5 on the academic administration of the IELTS.
|U.S. Based Applicants||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||August 7||May 1|
Time to Completion: 12 months