Spanish for the Professions, Master of Science (M.S.)
The MS Spanish for the Professions degree serves students who are pursuing an advanced degree in Spanish for work in a variety of professions.
- Since these graduate courses are 100% online and completed at the 600 level, they are suitable for students across the US or for students who wish to earn a Masters degree from their home country.
Flexible program with both synchronous and asynchronous distance learning courses that prepare students who are seeking additional expertise in oral and written Spanish for business, government, health fields, education or other professional areas or for those who are retooling to meet higher demands for language and culture competency in their current job or as a means to launch a new career.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Spanish oral proficiency at a level of advanced low on the ACTFL proficiency scale or equivalent.
- A writing sample in Spanish
- A personal statement in English summarizing experiences and professional goals that apply to the MS degree in Spanish for the Professions.
- Two recent (within the last two years) letters of recommendation with at least one from an undergraduate instructor or academic advisor.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- TOEFL ibt score of 61 or better, or IELTS score of 5.5 or better.
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Citizens||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||Rolling||May 1|
|Spring Start||Rolling||October 1|
Time to Completion: 2 years