Spanish, Master of Science (M.S.)
The MS Spanish degree is for broad training in Spanish language, literature, linguistics and cultures of Spanish-speaking countries and is suited for students who plan to teach at the post-secondary level or pursue additional graduate study.
- Students will gain an understanding of Spanish cultures, literature and history that will help give students an edge when looking for job opportunities that are based in or do business with other companies in Spanish-speaking nations.
- Graduate credit can be earned in Spanish on department-sponsored study abroad programs.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Spanish oral proficiency at a level of advanced low on the ACTFL proficiency scale or equivalent.
- A writing sample in Spanish.
- A personal statement in English summarizing experiences and professional goals that apply to the MS degree in Spanish.
- Two recent (within the last two years) letters of recommendation with at least one from an undergraduate instructor or academic advisor.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- TOEFL ibt score of 61 or better, or IELTS score of 5.5 or better
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member
|U.S. Citizens||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||Rolling||May 1|
|Spring Start||Rolling||October 1|
Time to Completion: 2 years