Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, Graduate Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) prepares graduate students to teach English learners in a variety of U.S. and international contexts, including K-12 and higher education.
- This program also prepares students for careers in non-teaching areas, such as language program administration, curriculum and assessment development, and support services.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Students whose first language is English must have a minimum of two consecutive years of high school foreign language study or one year of college-level foreign language study or an equivalent. This requirement may be met in residence, but courses taken to fulfill it will not count toward the certificate.
- A personal statement, not to exceed two pages, describing the applicant’s (1) relevant background information and (2) current teaching and research interests, as well as (3) how MNSU’s graduate TESOL program will support their academic and professional goals.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 80 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Citizens||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||Rolling||May 1|
|Spring Start||Rolling||October 1|
Time to Completion: 12 months