Teaching Writing, Graduate Certificate
This certificate enables current and prospective teachers (Grades 5-College) to develop expertise in teaching writing.
- Prepares students for careers in education, publishing, marketing, law, and administration.
- Courses in the graduate certificate may double-count toward the Communication and Composition master's degree.
- Completion of the master's qualifies the student to also earn a graduate certificate in Communication Education.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- A minimum five-page, analytical writing sample with research.
- A personal statement describing your relevant experience and professional goals.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 80 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Based Applicants||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||Rolling||May 1|
|Spring Start||Rolling||October 1|
Time to Completion: 2 years
Graduate Coordinator Contact
Dr. Abigail Bakke