Urban Planning, Graduate Certificate
The Urban Planning graduate certificate program provides the basic concepts, skills, and values for pursuing a career in local government planning.
- The program is designed to meet the basic standards of professional competency specified by the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP).
- The program is appropriate for students who wish to develop a local government planning focus within a graduate degree program, or for students who have already earned their degrees and wish to prepare for a career shift.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Applicants should, at the very least, have earned a 3.0 GPA on a scale of 4.0 in their earned bachelor’s degree in the two (2) most recent years of their education.
- A personal statement describing your academic and work background, your reason for selecting graduate study in this program, and the particular interests and skills you would bring to this program (especially technological skills such as computer programs with which you are familiar – GIS, web pages, etc.).
- Two letters of recommendation addressing your preparation for graduate study.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT scores of 79 or IELTS band score of 6.5.
- Credential Evaluation prepared by a National Association of Credentials Evaluation Service member.
|U.S. Based Applicants||International Applicants|
|Fall Start||Rolling||May 1|
|Spring Start||Rolling||October 1|
Time to Completion: 2 years
Graduate Coordinator Contact
Dr. Russell Fricano