Almost 25% of our graduate students receive a graduate assistantship.
- Full graduate assistantships at Minnesota State University, Mankato typically pay a stipend of at least $10,000 for the academic year.
- A full assistantship carries a waiver of up to nine graduate credits per semester.
- Graduate Assistants must enroll in a minimum of six credits per semester.
- Graduate Assistants with a summer appointment must enroll for at least one graduate credit.
- Minnesota State System policy requires that graduate assistants must reside within the State of Minnesota for the duration of their appointment.
Assistantships funded by non-State appropriated funds include a stipend and tuition waiver that adhere to policy, with all associated costs paid by the funding source.
Veterans should note that accepting a graduate assistantship offer may have an impact on Post 9-11 (Chapter 33) educational benefits. Individuals with questions about this should contact the Veterans Affairs Certification Officer.